Tips to avoid menstrual cramps
Menstrual cramps are most likely caused by an excess of prostaglandin hormone like compounds that are released from the uterine lining (the endometrium) as it prepares to be shed. Prostaglandins help the uterus contract and relax, so that the endometrium can detach and flow out of your body.
Cramp Comfort is a self-heating patch that helps relax your muscles to reduce cramps. Self-heating patches that last for up to 8 hours & give you relief from period pains.
How to stop period cramps:
- Drink more water.
- Sip herbal teas.
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods.
- Avoid sweet dishes or sugary substance.
- Reach for decaf.
- Try dietary supplements.
- Over-the-counter pain medicine like ibuprofen (Advil), naproxen (Aleve), or acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Putting a heating pad on your belly or lower back.
- Taking a hot bath.
- Eat some salmon.
- Chow on some dark, leafy greens.
- Get more calcium into your diet.
- Pack some oats into your breakfast or snack time plans.
- Eat a few eggs.
- Grab some ginger.
Dark chocolate is considered the best remedy for cramps. Not only does dark chocolate satisfy your craving for chocolate during your period, but it’s high in potassium which helps your muscles to function.